Once Upon a Time American Values
- President Obama visited Ground Zero in New York today.
- This is the first time since the 2008 campaign.
- Presidents Bush and Clinton declined to attend.
- President Calvin Coolidge – On Great Government 4/27/1920
“If, in a free republic, a great government is the product of a great people, they will look to themselves rather than the government for success. The destiny, the greatness of America lies around the hearthstone. If thrift and industry are taught there and the example of self-sacrifice oft appears, if honor abides there and high ideals, if there the building of fortune be subordinate to the building of character, rejoicing in an abundant prosperity and good government at home and in peace, respect, and confidence abroad. If these virtues are absent there is no power that can supply these blessings. Look well to the hearthstone, therein all hope for America lies.”
- In summary, those values are…
- But, momentum in America is trending to a system that has nothing to do with these values.
Osama Bin Laden and President Obama
- The death of Osama Bin Laden is the biggest boost for this country since the death of Hitler in the 1940s.
- President Obama deserves praise for his part.
- His approval rating after Osama Bin Laden’s death…
- New York Times Poll – Up 11 points.
- Quinnipac Survey – Up 6 points.
- Rasmussen Reports – Up 2 points.
- Glenn feels getting Osama Bin Laden will work against him in the long run…
- It has to do with principals.
- What are the President’s principals?
- The President is never really there at the fight.
- It took 16 hours for him to decide to OK the raid, but they knew where Osama was since last August.
- Glenn feels that to take that action went against everything he, the President, believed in and worked for.
- He was internally conflicted.
- He did the right thing, but it went against everything he publicly was for or against.
The President Says
What the President Does
Water boarding – He is against.
Water boarding led to the intelligence that led to Osama Bin Laden.
Gitmo – He wants it closed.
Without the information from the detainees there, we would be nowhere.
He wants terrorists shown great respect.
He is having the CIA agents that performed harsh interrogations investigated by the Justice Department.
Photo of Bin Laden dead – No, we cannot do that.
He authorizes the release photographs of flag draped coffins of dead American soldiers.
He feels the photo of Bin Laden dead would inflame the situation.
He allows over 2,000 photos from Abu Ghraib prison to be released, only relenting at strong resistance of DoD.
He wants terrorists to be tried in civilian civil court with the same rights as citizens.
He orders the death of Bin Laden by an extra judicial kill team.
He says there is no reason to be in Iraq as Al Queda is not there.
The guy that was captured that led to the location of Bin Laden was caught in Iraq.
He believes Muslims can’t be terrorists.
He authorizes a Muslim funeral for the world’s most famous terrorist. Won’t that be offensive to Muslims?
· Glenn feels he may be this way because during the campaign, the press “manufactured” him as…
o Ronald Reagan
o Who is Obama?
· He says Israel has a right to exist.
o But he praises people in Egypt who vow to wipe Israel out.
· He wants to sit down with Iran’s President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
o But he will barely sit down with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
· Every year a message goes out to Iran (Glenn shows fvideos)
o 2009 – Lots of nice words.
o 2011 – It was scolding for government intimidation tactics against the Iranian people.
On the Deficit
o Glenn showed three videos from 2009 of Obama promising to cut his inherited deficit in half by the end of his first term.
o But, in his first nineteen months in office, he has added more debt than all the presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan combined.
§ Now, they say they need to raise the debt ceiling an additional $2 trillion
American Values Today
o Today, school children don’t know what the Bill of Rights are as they aren’t taught them in school.
o Additionally, schools don’t really cover 9/11.
o Are we a capitalist nation anymore?
o Glenn showed a Fortune magazine list of America’s largest corporations. Among the top ten are…
§ Fannie Mae
§ All of these are in bed with the government.
o We have to know our values and use them. Otherwise, we will lose them.
The Middle East
- Glenn showed pictures from the Fatah-Hamas accord ceremony.
- Accompanying the pictures was a warning to Israel from the new Palestinian government.
- Glenn then showed a portion of the 60 Minutes segment where the reporter Laura Logan described her attack by a mob while reporting from Egypt.
- A week later, the ninth most important Muslim leader in the world was speaking in the same spot while crowds shouted “Death to Israel!”
- Glenn said he can understand why no one in the rest of the world understands what America stands for.
School Children Demonstrating in Tucson
o Glenn showed pictures of a number of SWAT police brought into a Tucson School Board meeting.
o There was a noisy demonstration at the meeting by high school students.
o The school board was to decide if one of their classes was to be changed from a mandatory to an elective course. The course…
§ Advocates returning portions of the South West to Mexico.
§ Also, the state of Arizona has a law, which prevents teaching, “Promote the overthrow of the U.S. government.”
§ Teaches that the Thanksgiving holiday teaches that the “Dominant white culture…beginning of genocide.”
o Chants at the meeting included “This is what democracy looks like!”
o The school board established a group to look into the situation…
§ One woman reported the curriculum was high jacked by social justice operatives.
§ One man (on video) reported the type of teaching was the same in Nicaragua and other communist countries where it was anti-capitalism, Marxist driven, class struggle. Everything is viewed through the lens of race.
o America you better wake up quickly.
o Glenn showed a picture of a portion of the audience at that school board meeting.
§ One person of note there was Ward Churchill, he of the “9/11 victims were little Eichmans” fame.
§ Glenn will be posting the entire curriculum on his web site www.glennbeck.com.
· He urges everyone to read it.
Lt. Michael Murphy
o Glenn referred to one of his radio show guests, Marcus Luttrell, Author “Lone Survivor” (http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316044695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304657928&sr=8-1 )
o In his book, Marcus describes the exploits of Lt. Murphy as he attempted to call in help for his surrounded Seal Team 10.
o The U.S. Navy is commissioning a new ship after Lt. Michael Murphy.
o The Lone Survivor, Glenn feels, is the most incredible story you will ever read.
o It is a story of compassion and courage.