- Glenn showed a portion of the President’s speech today. During this portion of the speech, he said there should be a two state solution with Israel and Palestinians each having a state.
- The negotiations should start with the 1967 borders of Israel.
- Glenn considers this historic.
We Are Losing Allies
- Japan – They can’t even help themselves. We have to help them.
- France – A major politician says she would have France drop out of NATO and establish stronger relations with Russia.
- Great Britain – They have been so ravaged by socialism and political correctness, they are on fire.
- Germany – On the ropes with Greece and Spain.
- Australia – They and Canada are the strongest allies we have left.
- Canada - They and Australia are the strongest allies we have left.
- We have one major ally left – Israel. And, we have just slapped them in the face.
Support for Israel
- Glenn held up a copy of a letter. The letter was signed by the President and voted on by Congress. It was sent to Israel in 2004. It said that Israel would always be an equal partner in whatever happens in the future. We will not go back to the 1967 borders because it means the death of Israel. And, that Israel should have defensible borders.
- Today, the President tore up that letter.
- Israel’s response, in part, was…
“Israel believes that for peace to endure between Israelis and Palestinians, the viability of a Palestinian state cannot come at the expense of Israel’s existence.”
Israel and the Western Way of Life
- Glenn discussed the US relation to Israel and its importance to the Western way of life. He showed a page from a Newsweek article entitled “Will Glenn Beck’s Israel Rally Hurt US Foreign Policy?”
· Glenn said his rally isn’t about US foreign policy.
· It’s about standing up against evil, standing with the Jews and standing with Israel.
· Now that the President has said what he did, Glenn hopes his rally does interfere with US foreign policy.
- Glenn showed pictures of the massacred Israeli Fugal family. This was followed by pictures of Arabs on the West Bank celebrating the event and passing out cookies.
- He showed the video of a Hamas leader talking about killing all the Jews.
- Iran has said, “The Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation.”
- Ahmadinejad said, “The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm.”
- Also –
- “We will witness the destruction of this regime in the near future.”
- Going back to the 1967 borders would mean that Palestinians would rule over Jerusalem.
- The world would no longer be permitted to a number of holy sites.
- Glenn said that this is not about Israel.
- They are trying to destroy our faith.
- He showed a map of the Middle East and noted all the countries surrounding Israel that are undergoing upheaval.
- Why would you put our friends in a precarious position when you have no idea how the future will play out in all the surrounding countries?
- As to the “Arab Spring”, he noted that the night of February 11th, everyone was focused on the central square and the celebration going on there.
- At that time, reporter Laura Logan was sexually molested in that crowd.
- She said in a 60 Minutes on-camera interview that she thought that if she screamed, the crowd would understand that she did not want that to happen. But the louder she screamed, the more furious they became.
- Glenn feels that Egypt is the keystone for the Middle East and Israel is the keystone for the West.
Transformation – To What?
- Those wanting a fundamental transformation have united all the enemies of capitalism, Israel, America and the Western way of life. It is evil.
- Glenn feels that his rally in Jerusalem in August may be your last opportunity to see the holy sites there, as the UN will vote in September to either endorse or condemn Israel.
- Tomorrow, he will announce the location of the rally.
- He feels that ultimately the map of the entire Middle East will be completely redrawn.
Guest: William Helmreich, Sociologist, Author, “What Was I Thinking” (http://www.amazon.com/What-Was-Thinking-Things-Avoid/dp/1589795970/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305867297&sr=8-2 )
- He feels that the President has good intentions.
- What he is missing is that you do not have to go back to the 1967 borders to achieve a two state solution.
- Everybody wants a two state solution.
- If done, Israel’s airport will be three miles from the border.
- It would be very vulnerable to attack.
- The Golan Heights would be lost to Israel as they were beyond the 1967 borders.
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu is due here tomorrow to address Congress.
- The President wanted to put the Prime Minister on the defensive.
- This emboldens the people who want Israel’s destruction.
- No previous president has done this.
- He thinks President Obama is misguided.
- The President wants an easy solution.
- Dr. Helmriech interviewed a past president of Hamas and asked him if going back to the 1967 borders would satisfy him.
- The answer was “No”.
What is this About?
- It’s not about Israel.
- It’s about good and evil.
- Does a race of people have a right to live?
- Can you trust or reward someone who answers “No” to question 2?
- Why then are we doing this?