Osama Bin Laden
- There are conflicting reports about Bin Alden’s demise.
· The Chinese News Agency reports…
“The world’s most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, was killed in a search operation launched by the Pakistani forces…”
· Newspapers in Pakistan are speculating…
“Was Osama killed by U.S. troops or his own guards?”
- Bin Laden’s wife and children are in Pakistani custody.
- There will always be doubts.
- Our celebrations here seemed to be that we won one, the first in a long while.
- When released, the photo of a dead Osama Bin Laden will be one of the most viewed photos of all time.
- Why are we debating the issue of releasing pictures of the body or the service at sea?
- President Obama knew generally of this raid since August of last year.
- President Obama knew specifically of this raid since February of this year.
- They had a Muslim cleric ready to go on board the ship, but they hadn’t thought through the issue of the pictures? That doesn’t make sense.
- Does releasing these pictures make us more safe or less safe?
- The President’s approval rose 9 points.
- Wikileaks released a cable saying that Al Queda will explode a nuke if Osama Bin Laden is killed.
- Glenn discussed that the threat from Osama Bin Laden was not from him as a person, but as his idea, Sharia Law. America, to defend itself, has put up barriers, but they just protect “stuff”. Where are the competing ideas from America? Marxism? Globalism? Statists?
- Sharia wants total control for Allah.
- Marxism wants total control for the collective.
- Globalism wants total control for the business.
- Statists want total control for the state.
- They all want total control.
- Glenn showed a video of a British journalist, known to be a socialist, commenting that America, Britain and France are using their military power to make up for their declining economic power.
- Glenn then reviewed a number of countries grouped by whether they were friends or foes of the US.
· France – Sarkozy may lose the next election to le Penn who says she would withdraw from ATO and have stronger ties to Russia.
· Germany – Also looking for new friends. Now constructing an oil pipeline from Russia to Germany.
· Britain – Somewhat shaky relations since President Obama returned the bust of Winston Churchill.
· Canada – Our strongest ally. The Conservative Party won big in the last election.
· Pakistan – could fall anytime.
· Egypt – Anti-American sentiment is growing. The Muslim Brotherhood is growing in influence.
· Israel – Repeatedly criticized by this administration.
· Saudi Arabia – They didn’t like the example we are setting in Libya by killing the country’s leader. Also, they are strengthening ties to China.
· China – Their economy is on track to overtake ours by 2016. They are no longer holding our debt.
· Japan – Nothing left. Japan is crippled.
· Brazil – As long as the checks clear, they are in.
· North Korea
Are they stronger or weaker?
- Osama Bin Laden was the old idea to scare people into Sharia Law – terrorize them into it or kill them.
- The Muslim Brotherhood is the new idea to grow Sharia.
- Stand up for democracy
- Easier to community organize people into Sharia rather than to blow themselves up.
- Community organizing is the most powerful weapon on the planet today.
- In our culture, we are being separated from people who believed as we did. Now we are all about “stuff”.
Guest: Michael Scheuer, Former head of the CIA’s Bin Laden Unit
- Our Presidents have indicated that we are not at war with Islam.
- But a growing number of people in the Muslim world are at war with our allies and us.
- It’s a war that we will be fighting for a very long time.
- Islamic government is a similarity of views between Osama and the Muslim Brotherhood.
- The Muslim Brotherhood is more sophisticated in organization.
- Its goals are much more imperialistic than Osama’s.
- The Goal is to install an Islamic government in every country in the world.
- The photo issue should have been decided long ago.
- The current President of Pakistan is one of the most corrupt people on earth.
- At least Mushariff was helping us.
- We are tearing Pakistan apart with what we are asking it to do and what it has done.
- The country is falling apart.
- Our best bet would be the military taking over again.