- Glenn showed a New York Times story…
“The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets…”
- Glenn notes that this is war number 4.
- He asks if Congress had heard of this war, noting that they are pretty irrelevant these days.
- Glenn asks …
- Where are the anti-war protesters (showing old videos)?
- Where are Code Pink and International Answer?
- In Yemen, are we for or against the government?
- He holds up a copy of the Weather Underground Manifesto from the late 1960s. He says what was written about then is what the administration is doing now…
“The strategy which follows from this is what Che called creating two, three, many Vietnams to mobilize the struggle so sharply in so many places that the imperialists cannot possibly deal with it all. Since it is essential to their interests, they will try to deal with it all, and will be defeated and destroyed in the process…”
Economy Hurt by Uncertainty
- Glenn showed a video of President Obama speaking at a Chrysler plant discussing headwinds slowing the US economy. One of the headwinds mentioned was instability in the Middle East.
- Glenn notes that the President just said the instability in the Middle East is hurting the economy.
- He then showed another video clip of the President and how he is handling the instability in the Middle East.
- The President praised the demonstrators in Egypt and what they are trying to do.
- The President compared the guy who set himself on fire to start this movement off to Rosa Parks.
- Glenn noted that the President got us into a war in Libya.
- He promised it would be over in days, not weeks.
- It has now been 81 days.
- It has now been 20 days since the War Powers Act expired.
- Several reports (from Al Jezeera) of “boots on the ground” when the President said there would be not be any boots on the ground.
- Glenn notes that if the President believes uncertainty leads to problems in the economy, why does he make choices that lead to more uncertainty?
- Glenn feels that the old excuses are not working any more.
By the Numbers
- According to a Rasmussen poll,
- Only 24% of people have views that are the same as Obama,
- 41% among Democrats
- 13% view him as more conservative.
- According to a CNN poll,
- 48% think we are headed for a great depression within the next 12 months.
- Glenn noted that Obama said, “I’m not concerned about a double-dip recession.”
- Only 24% of people share that view.
- That number has plummeted 15% in the last few weeks.
- Glenn asks how long will his advice to prepare be ridiculed and mocked?
- He said that he lived in Florida for a while.
- He was there for three mild hurricanes.
- Down there, everyone prepared by boarding up windows.
- He feels that his audience will be the difference between success and failure in America.
- His radio, TV and Internet audience is about 30 million people a month.
- It is time to launch the lifeboats and come back for the others when we can.
- With the remaining broadcast time he has at Fox, he will focus on the things that we can do together to save the country.
- More at www.glennbeck.com.
Where are the Leaders?
- We have to stop looking at the R’s and the D’s for leadership anymore.
- Prepare for the coming storm, not just for you and your families, but for your neighbors as well.
- If the storm bypasses you, you will be stronger for it.
- And, if it doesn’t, you will be a lifeboat.
- America needs leaders, not sheep.
- Look at what happened in Joplin. People showed up to help. They brought whatever they could.
- If you own a small business, don’t cut corners.
- Do the right thing for your customers and your employees.
- Be honest in all your dealings.
The Scarcity of Freedom
- He held up a book, “The Miracle of Freedom: Seven Tipping Points that Saved the World” (http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Freedom-Seven-Tipping-Points/dp/160641951X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307680034&sr=8-1 )
- The author points out that only 5% of people have ever lived in freedom.
- The rest, 95%, have lived as slaves.
- We are letting this slip through our fingers…
- Know the Constitution.
- What if the 48% of the people who believe in a coming depression are right?
- The longer you prop something up, the deeper the problem becomes.
- Earlier in the week we showed that the housing stats are worse than in the Great Depression.
Possible Civil Unrest
· James Carville predicts possible civil unrest if the economy doesn’t improve.
· What happens when grocery stores have no food or it is too expensive?
· What happens when electricity prices necessarily skyrocket?
· How many days can people go without food or money before they start acting erratically? (Video was shown of store shelves emptied because of a hurricane.)
· Glenn stated Ben Franklin’s creed…
“Here is my creed. I believe in one God who created the universe. That he governs it by his providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable service we can render to him is doing good to his other children.” (1790)
· Glenn feels that we have to find that in ourselves.
Guest: Jim Rogers, Author “A Gift to My Children. A Father’s Lessons for Life and Investing” (http://www.amazon.com/Gift-My-Children-Fathers-Investing/dp/B004P5OQFG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307685333&sr=8-2 ) Also, an international investor.
· Most of my life I have been deemed nuts (jokingly).
· The US is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world and it is getting worse.
· Nobody has gotten out of this situation without a crisis or a semi-crisis.
· Nobody has ever been able to control inflation once it starts.
o Read the history books.
· You are going to see more social unrest everywhere, even in the US.
· Including burning buildings in New York and Los Angeles.
· Look up Cox’s Army in the 1930s.
· Americans are less disciplined today than they were in the 30s.
o Today, they expect a free lunch.
· Gas is going up today first because we’re running out of known reserves of oil.
· Secondly, the US prints money.
· The main thing we can do is to drill for oil.
· For those starting out, do what you like and the money will follow.
· If you go to Princeton today, you will be $300,000 in debt when you graduate.
· It will help getting your first job and maybe your second. After that, it doesn’t matter.
· Only invest in what you know about.
· Otherwise, put your money in the bank where it can earn some interest. Leave it there until you are ready to invest.
· Don’t panic.
· At some point, cash will be worthless.
· Own real assets.
· When you understand those things that go up in value when currencies go down, invest in them and you might even make a little money.
· Learn about investing abroad.
· Everyone should own something abroad.
· Everyone should learn a foreign language and be fluent in it.
· The next 50 years will not be like the last 50 years.
· Learn Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, maybe.
- The world is facing a serious agricultural nightmare.
- Inventories of food are at the lowest levels ever.
- The average age of farmers in the US is 58.
- In Japan they have no farmers.
- They are bringing in Chinese to farm the land.
- In the US today, you can’t make any money in farming.
- Food prices are going to have to go up and it’s going to get worse.
- Farming is going to be a growth business in the next 20 years.