Republican Presidential Debate Last Night
- Glenn had pictures of the candidates that spoke at the event. He put them up on a chalkboard.
- He then said that there was a way to organize them and began rearranging the pictures into groups – by the color of their ties.
- He said he had narrowed his choices to either the red or blue tie wearers.
- On a more serious note, he said, they actually all did pretty well.
The Importance of the Individual
- Glenn discussed the problems in the world and said that ultimately it will come down to the individual. He stressed that his e4 program could solve those problems.
- E1 – Enlightenment
- E2 – Education
- E3 – Empowerment
- E4 – Entrepreneurship
- Glenn’s meaning for this characteristic – Be a part of a creative force.
- Build something of lasting value.
- Creativity can be a force for good or for evil.
- Use it for good.
Federalist Paper Number 10
He talked about the Federalist Paper Number 10 and how it predicts that sometime in the future (from 1787), some groups would want to tear the government apart and would be willing to use violence to do it.
- When you evaluate groups, you can’t just go by their name (e.g., Center for American Progress).
- You have to listen to their words and watch their actions.
- Are they talking about tearing something down, or building something up?
- If tearing it down, is that something good or bad.
- For instance, Osama Bin Laden was entrepreneurial. He built something, but it was bad.
Muslims and Slavery
- Glenn discussed Shaykh Al-Howayni, the Muslim cleric whose theory was that the root cause of Muslim’s problems is that they gave up jihad and taking captives so they could sell them at auction. He showed a video with the cleric speaking the following…
“You go into the market, look at the sex slave and buy her. She becomes like your wife, (but) she doesn’t need a (marriage) contract or a divorce like a free woman.
“When I want a sex slave, I just go to the market and choose the woman I like and purchase her. I choose the man I like, one with strong muscles or, if I want a boy to work in the house, and so forth. I choose one, and pay him a wage. I employ him in a variety of tasks, then I sell him afterwards.”
- Many Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East accept this.
- For proof, he showed video of a woman activist in the Middle East.
- She talked to a number of prominent Imams in Kuwait.
- She said…
“”The law pertaining to slave girls is not the same as for free women. Free women must cover their bodies except for their hands and faces. The slave girl must cover up from the belly button down.
“There is a big difference between slave girls and free women. With a free woman, the man must make a marriage contract. But with a slave girl – all he has to do is buy her. It’s as if he married her. So there is a difference between slave girls and free women.
“Here in Kuwait too, I asked religious scholars and experts about this, and they said that for the average, good religious man, the only way to avoid forbidden relations with women is to purchase slave girls.”
- You would think she would be against such a practice. But, think again –
“I very much hope that such a law is legislated. Just like they allow servants, they should allow slave girls and legislate a proper law in this regard. We don’t want our children to fall into the abyss of fornication and similar filth, God forbid.
“There are countries like Checknya, which are at war with another country. In such a case, there must be POWs. So why not go and buy those prisoners? Is it better for them to be slaughtered over there? Go and buy them, and sell them to traders here in Kuwait.”
- Glenn said that this comes back to the spoils of war.
- If you think that we all think alike, you are wrong.
- Glenn asked his staff if they knew this was the accepted position on slavery by the experts and scholars on the Koran?
- He didn’t know. Other things yes, but not this.
We’re In Trouble
- He noted that we have been at war with fundamentalist Islam for a decade, but we don’t know things like this. He feels we are in serious trouble.
- He showed another video, this one discussing homosexuality…
“Homosexuality leads to the destruction of the homosexual. That is why, brothers, homosexuality carries the death penalty.”
· He asked why is it he, a white, Christian, Mormon, male the one bringing this up and not advocacy groups?
· Glenn feels that the world is at a tipping point. The worldwide Muslim population is expected to increase from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.2 billion in 2030.
o Before we arm or organize these people, maybe we ought to sort out the good from the evil.
Texas Governor Perry
· Texas Governor Rick Perry stopped by the set.
· He commented that the state of Texas has created 48% of all jobs created in America since June 2009.
· Glenn discussed Leon Penetta moving from CIA Director to the position of the Secretary of Defense.
o Glenn noted that, as he testified before Congress, Mr. Penetta got all his information about the Egyptian uprising from TV.
o He showed several video clips of Penetta testifying in Congress about the Muslim Brotherhood and how it is difficult to say they are “extremist”.
o Glenn wonders if he will bring that TV orientation of world affairs to the Defense Department.
o Glenn noted that Mr. Penetta is a big leftist, a guy with budget experience, but not a military background.
· Glenn put up a quote from Mark Rudd from right after Obama took office.
· Mark is a Weather Underground terrorist.
· He speculated…
“[Obama] had to basically play to the center to not be run over…He has a narrow mandate for change…the economic agenda will stress stimulation from the bottom sometimes and handouts to the top at other times. It will be pragmatic…move on the stuff you can to a small but significant extent, gain support and confidence. Leave the military alone because they are way too powerful…by the second or third year of this recession, when stimulus is needed at the bottom, people may begin to discuss cutting the military budget if security is being increased through diplomacy and the application of nascent international law…but one thing I do know is that you have to be able to look like you’re doing one thing, but do another.”
· Glenn feels certain that the mainstream media will be watching this story closely and will keep all of us fully informed. (Just kidding.)
Gold at $5,000 Per Ounce
· Glenn mentioned a report that predicted gold at $5,000 per ounce.
· He asks what the state of the world would have to be to boost the price of gold to that level.
FBI Raids Activists
- Stephanie Weiner.
- No known relation to the New York Congressman of the same name.
- The FBI raided her home in Chicago late last year.
- Taught English for twenty-five years at Chicago City College.
- Is a member of Palestinian Solidarity Group.
- Is an advisor to the local chapter of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).
- Advises the Peace and Justice Club at the university since 2002.
- Is a member of the Socialist Chicago New Party, which was founded by Joe Rogers.
- Ran an activist web site.
- Her husband…
- Is an employee of the University of Chicago.
- Is an advisor to the SDS chapter
- Is a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization, a revolutionary socialist, Marxist/Leninist revolutionary organization in the US.
- Is also an Executive Board member of SEIU.
- Is a member of the Chicago New Party.
- Is a supporter of Bill Ayres.
- Hatem Abudayyeh is another target. He…
- Is Executive Director of the Arab-American Network.
- Is a member of the Palestinian Solidarity Group.
- He said…
“The US and Israel will continue to describe Hamas, Hezbollah and the other Palestinian and Lebanese resistance organizations as terrorists, but the real terrorists are the governments and military forces of the US and Israel. The vast majority of the world sees and understands this and are in full support of Lebanese, Palestinian and worldwide resistance to Israel and the US’ naked aggression, war, imperialism and occupation.”
- Carlos Montez is another target. He…
- Is a founder of the Brown Berets Organization.
- A member of the March 25th Coalition that campaigned for illegal alien rights in 2006.
- Is the leader of Latinos Against War.
- The Washington Post ran an article “Activists cry foul over FBI probe”
“…examining possible ‘material support’ for Columbian and Palestinian groups designated by the US government as terrorists.”
Activist for Good
· Glenn discussed Anthony Irsik, an 11-year-old boy in Alaska.
o He organized a group from local churches and said this at the event…
“I would like to leave a thought with you from Dr. Bernard Nathanson. Dr Bernard Nathanson was one of the founders of the abortion movement. He helped provide 75,000 abortions, one of them being his very own child. He later became a pro-life movement leader. Nathanson explained to the public how he got abortion legislation passed.
‘We knew that the biggest obstacle in our way was not going to be the government or the media or academia. We knew we had those and could easily get those on our side. The biggest obstacle was going to be the church…[Abortionists never would have gotten away with what (they) did had (churches) been united, purposeful and strong.”
· To save something you have to be educated. For more information go to glennbeck.com.
· Glenn is asking his audience what they want to know in the remaining 12 sessions of the program. So far, they have indicated they want to know more about…
o Founding Fathers
o The roots of radical Islam.
o How did we survive the Great Depression?