- Gas prices rise 17 cents per gallon in one week.
- The national average is now $3.29 per gallon.
- No media coverage for this gas price increase, unlike the last administration.
- What is under assault is the Western way of life.
- Violence is spreading.
- Rebels control almost all of Libya.
- Iraq, China, Yemen, Egypt – unions are still on strike there.
- Demonstrations have been scheduled for Saudi Arabia.
- Currently Londoners are paying almost $10/gallon for gasoline.
- Every 25 cents per gallon price increase in gasoline means $3 billion into some dictator’s pocket.
Western Way of Life
- This is a coordinated effort to end capitalism and the Western way of life all over the globe.
- There was a demonstration in Seattle, WA this weekend sponsored by the Puget Sound Anarchists.
- Glenn showed an article published on Feb 14th…
“As anarchists we know we cannot find justice under the state and capitalism. Instead, we seek vengeance…We are anarchists who wish to communicate socially, but also realize that the state and capitalism will never just disappear and the time to act is now.”
· The common bond of many of these radical groups, e.g. socialists, communists, Islamists, anarchists is a hatred of capitalism. This is the wave that is sweeping the world and the media is ignoring it.
· Glenn discussed rallies in every state and many union members are buying into the “American Dream” theme.
o But that American Dream may not be what you and I think it is.
o Glenn then showed a video of Van Jones speaking at the 2008 Netroot Nations convention where the “American Dream” was discussed.
o Glenn said he did not know how this could be considered to be a spontaneous theme when it was disclosed two years ago.
· Glenn referred to the chalkboard with the sponsoring organizations logos displayed in rows, with indicators for tie-ins to Van Jones, George Soros and communists.
· He then showed video of protestors pushing counter-protesting tea Party members.
· He then held up an SEIU letter promising to bring Wisconsin to Colorado.
· Over the weekend, there was a “Save the American Dream” rally in Washington D.C.
o Van Jones spoke there at the 900 attendees.
o Glenn noted the hoops he had to jump through for his 8/28 rally and all the attention the media gave him.
o Not so much attention given to this rally.
o Who arranged for the rally’s permit? The International Socialist Organization?
o Who is the ISO? From their website…
· “The ISO stands in the tradition of revolutionary socialists Karl Marx, V.I Lenin and Leon Trotsky in the belief that workers themselves…the vast majority of the population are the only force that can lead the fight to win a socialist society. Socialism can’t be brought about from above, but has to be won by workers themselves.”
· Glenn does not feel Van Jones should be dismissed. He is a 9/11 Truther, an unrepentant communist revolutionary who advocated the violent overthrow of the U.S. government. Union workers are being used by these radical organizations.
· In colleges and schools all across the country, they are discussing “From Egypt to America: Revolution, class struggle and the return of history. “The talk about February 2011 is a turning point in world history. They say…
“These struggles will expand and portend colossal changes in the coming year. History – as written in the communist manifesto: “The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle” has returned. In every country – above all the U.S. – workers face massive social inequality and a political system that is impervious to their interests. What program and perspective is needed to lead these struggles of workers to victory.”
· Glenn discussed a rally coming up on July 4th; the “One Million Muslims” march.
· Then he discussed another rally set for this Thursday sponsored by Sharia America, which will demonstrate outside the White House. Their web site says…
“We hereby call upon the Muslims in the U.S., particularly in new York, Michigan, Chicago and Washington, D.C. to take lessons from their Muslim brothers and sisters in North Africa and the Middle East and rise to implement the Sharia in America.”
A Tale of Two Cities
· Glenn showed pictures of Hiroshima.
o In August 1945, 70% of the city was destroyed by an atom bomb.
§ The pictures showed nothing but rubble into the distance.
o Today, the picture of Hiroshima shows a densely populated, modern city.
o It has almost quadrupled in size since the attack.
· He then showed pictures of Detroit, Michigan.
o In 1945, it was a bustling city.
o Today, it is in disrepair with many abandoned buildings.
o Less than 50% of the 1.8 million people that lived there in 1950 remain.
o Thirty six percent of the residents live in poverty, more than double the national average.
o Eighty one percent of public school students qualify for free and reduced price lunches.
o Forty two percent of public school students don’t graduate.
o Democrats have been in power in Detroit for over 50 years.
o Unions were powerful in this city. Glenn asks if the unions are out for the best interest of their members. He played an audio clip of Richard Trumpka, President of the AFL-CIO Union.
“I got into the labor movement not because I wanted to negotiate wages. I got into the labor movement because I saw it as a vehicle to do massive social changes to improve the lots of people. That’s why I got into the labor movement.”
· Glen said that it is not about your wages; it’s about progressive ideas. Progressive ideas and union rot have destroyed this city. This city did what our country is doing now.
· The Founders felt that for the country to succeed, it required an informed citizenry.
o Glenn said that many people will say he is lying, so it is important that you do you own homework.
· In Libya, their production has been cut in half, by 800,000 barrels per day.
· One analyst says that for each $1 per barrel price rise will translate into a 2 cents per gallon increase at the gas pump.
What’s Going On
· Glenn claims that the world is changing. Our way of life is at stake.
· He showed a map of Europe and Russia and how the oil and natural gas pipelines move oil and gas to Europe.
o Seven of the twenty-seven European countries are totally dependent upon the energy supplies from Russia.
· He then showed a quote from T. Boone Pickens about energy prices…
“There’s a big energy table. We don’t have a chair there. We’re out in the hall and [the Saudis] come out and tell you what you’re going to pay for it.”
· He then focused on Chine. He showed a map of the world with each of the 24 countries highlighted where China has oil interests.
· He then compared what should be done to what is actually happening.
o What should be happening is that we should be drilling wherever we can drill.
o What is happening is that about an hour before the start of the program today, the White House approved the first permit to drill in the Gulf of Mexico since the BP oil spill, 314 days ago.
o Another company has several permits in process and took the government to court. The judge in that case, Judge Martin Feldman wrote…
“It is undisputed that before the Deepwater Horizon disaster, drilling permits were processed on average, in two weeks time. In stark contrast, the five permits at issue have been pending from four to some nine months.”
o Glenn asks why there isn’t more media coverage.