The theme for today and the next few days is George Soros.
Activists in Soros Organizations
- In 2003 George Soros funded moveon.org with $5 million. Appointed the Executive Director was Zack Exly. Exly was an organizer of the Raucous Society, an anarchist group and Zack was one of their agitators.
- Another person featured on this program was Van Jones. He served in several Soros funded organizations.
- Soros’ Philanthropy Foundation is funded at $5 million per year and the Executive Director is the founder of the 1960s activist organization Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).
Glenn retrieved a book from the bookshelf, “Propaganda” by Edward Bernays (http://www.amazon.com/Propaganda-Edward-Bernays/dp/0970312598/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1). Glenn previously talked about Bernays and his role in developing propaganda during the Wilson administration. Part of the strategy discussed in this book discusses a “shadow government”. More on this below.
Glenn again reminded everyone to do his or her own research. He is posting links to the original sources he is using on his web site.
George Soros previously gave a speech at Columbia. In this speech, he called for campaign finance reform. Shortly thereafter the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Act was introduced and passed by congress. This act had the effect of removing corporate money from campaign and opened the door for 501( c ) 3 organizations to contribute unlimited amounts. Significantly, George Soros funds a number of these type organizations, including…
- Color for Change
- Tides Foundation
- Media matters
- Center for American Progress
- People for the American Way
- Apollo Alliance
- Ella Parker for Human Rights
These groups contributed over $300 million to the Kerry campaign in 2004. After the election, the director of moveon.pac, another Soros funded organization, stated that with all that money, he felt they had purchased the Democratic Party and they wanted it back.
In another speech, Soros called for police action in place of war. Glenn then showed video clips of John Kerry talking about police activities being part of military operations in Iraq.
Soros also called for a large stimulus package to fund state and local governments because they cannot run a deficit. He suggested a package in the $300 billion - $600 billion range. Early in the Obama administration, they passed a $787 billion stimulus bill. This bill was written by the Apollo Alliance, a group funded by Soros.
Soros also called for cap and trade and green jobs. Cap and trade legislation was introduced and passed in the U.S. House of Representatives. It did not pass in the Senate due to public pressure. When a report critical of green jobs creation in Spain was issued, the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency coordinated their response to that study with The Center for American Progress, a Soros funded group.
Glen noted that Soros was committed to his goals and objectives. He showed a video clip of Soros being interviewed and saying that he would give his life for his beliefs.
One of Soros’ beliefs is, “The main obstacle for a stable and just world order is the United States.” He has been calling for globalization for decades.
Soros has contributed to a number of revolutions worldwide. He uses a standard approach for each.
- Form a Shadow Government
- This was in place here by 2004.
- It included parallel political conventions with Arianna Huffington, a chief spokeswoman. (Note: Her “Huffington Post” web site is the recommended source for news per Barak Obama.)
- Control the Airwaves
- Destabilize the State.
- Provoke an Election Crisis, then Stage Massive Demonstrations
- Take Power
There are a number of books about George Soros, some written by him. In one he wrote he referred to himself as some kind of a God.
In a personal story, Glenn discussed a meeting a Soros representative had with one of his executives. He noted several comments by the Soros representatives about how Glenn was hurting Soros’ business and he, himself.