Glenn recapped a bit of recent history.
- The 9/12 Project
- TEA Parties
- 8/12 Rally
He pointed out how far everyone has come in the last two years.
A recent poll reported that 75% of respondents viewed government badly and only 25% viewed it as well. This is the highest number for any mid-term election.
Since the Stimulus was passed…
- Progressive Wisconsin, the birthplace of American progressivism
- 84,700 jobs have been lost
- 19,100 property seized via foreclosure
- The state’s tax burden is ranked 9th out of 50.
- Obama’s approval is at 46%
- 52% want repeal of Health Care
- Less than 10 years ago, it was a conservative state
- 93,400 jobs lost
- 7,200 jobs in the last three months
- 35,345 foreclosures
- 12% unemployment rate
- Tax climate bad for business
- Prison inmates released to save money
- 592,000 jobs lost
- 14.4% unemployment, the highest in the country
No matter what the outcome of the election, think of how far you have come in the last 2 years. Think of what you can accomplish in the next 2 years.
Unions have spent $200 million on this election cycle.
Key deadlines for December
- Deficit Reduction Committee Report due.
- Thousands of 99er unemployment checks stop (Some unemployment offices are hiring security guards.)
- Tax cuts expiring at the end of the month.
Tomorrow the Federal Reserve will decide whether to print $500 Billion or $1 Trillion in new cash. This means your dollar will be worth less in a couple of years. Experts predict 20% less.
Glenn expects prices at supermarkets to rise dramatically.
Since July 1st, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following food items have seen a cost increase.
Food Item Price increase
- Milk 6.5%
- Butter 19%
- Butter Substitute 6.2%
- Women’s Dresses 6.3%
- Candy 13.7%
- Footwear 45%
- Beer 6%
General Mills has announced a cereal price hike for November 15th.
He showed a chart showing food prices lagging behind food inflation.
Most cost increases have not yet been passed on to consumers.