There is an in-studio audience today.
- Glenn showed a book, “The Holy Experiment”.
- Only 500 copies printed in 1920.
Threats to the Economy
- The Fed held its first ever press conference.
- Gas, food and the stock market are all going up because the Fed is printing money.
- No one is saying anything about this.
- He showed a quote from Stephen Lerner, SEIU executive, on his plans to bring down the stock market and the banking system.
- Glenn asks why the apathy? Considering the entire economy would be affected, why is there no coverage of this?
- Glenn then showed a video of a teacher discussing the most effective way to introduce Marxism into the classroom.
- Another video was of a Revolutionary Socialist speaker saying they need to get younger and younger members into the organization – even down into high school age.
- He showed a video of an elementary school class chanting an anti-capitalist chant.
- Then, a video of Eric Holder saying that we are a “nation of cowards” in regards to race.
- Glenn said that we would need to stand up and show courage in the future.
- Glenn then showed a video of a man at a Tea Party event wearing a jacket with racist slogans being confronted by a Tea Party attendee telling him to go away, that he was not welcome there, and that the Tea Party event was not racist.
- Glenn asks if you have real personal courage.
- He showed a quote from Andy Stern, then president of SEIU, saying they are watching how people voted, where they live and they took names.
- Glenn then showed various videos of fights in restaurants where people were watching and recording the fights, but not helping. Another video showed a man on a street corner getting shot and no one went to help him.
- We are losing the bond of love and courage.
- Courage will be needed in the future.
· Eric Metaxis, Author “Bonhoeffer, Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy” (http://www.amazon.com/Bonhoeffer-Pastor-Martyr-Prophet-Spy/dp/1595551387/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304005578&sr=8-1 )
· Dinesh D’Souza, Author “The Roots of Obama’s Rage” (http://www.amazon.com/Roots-Obamas-Rage-Dinesh-DSouza/dp/1596986255/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304005650&sr=1-1 )
- Bonhoeffer was born into an amazing family.
- He was a German Lutheran pastor.
- He stood in opposition to the Nazis.
- He was executed in 1945 in a concentration camp.
- He ultimately came to apply his philosophy in the real world, which led him to participate in a plot against Hitler.
- Bonhoeffer wanted to meet Gandhi, but Gandhi’s non-violent tactics would not have worked with the Nazis.
- Gandhi’s strategy was to change the British and convince them they were wrong.
- Martin Luther King’s strategy was a take-off on Gandhi’s strategy.
The Defense of Marriage Act
- The bill was passed into law.
- The Department of Justice to not defend the law.
- A private law firm took up the case.
- The firm received threats and quit.
- One lawyer at the firm, Paul Clement, continued on because he feels each side deserves adequate representation.
- He had to leave and go to another firm to do this.
Glenn noted that Fredric Douglas had a memorable response to an attack on the Constitution. Read it at http://www.glennbeck.com/.
Glenn showed painting included in the book “The Holy Experiment”. They were taken from paintings included in the Pennsylvania capitol building.
Glenn recommends going to his web site http://www.glennbeck.com/ and review the section “Rumors of War”.