In studio audience today.
- On January 31st, the Tunisia uprising started and Glenn thought it could be an Arch Duke Ferdinand moment. Also,
- Part 1 The radicals/Islamists/communists/socialists will
- · Work together against Israel.
- · Work together against capitalism.
- · Work together to overturn stability.
- Part 2 The Protests Become Contagious
- · They cascade.
- · They sweep the Middle East.
- · They begin to destabilize Europe and the rest of the world.
- The world said that Glenn was a madman for saying the above.
- When Egypt fell, Glenn said Part 2 had started.
- How can you tell what is happening? You take people at their word, especially if they say they want to kill you.
- If you listen to the radicals, communists, socialists and Islamists, they will tell you what they are planning.
- Israel is now being set up to be a fall guy.
- Glenn can’t find a voice in government that will take a stand for Israel. It’s now up to the American people to take that stand.
- Glenn is reading a lot about Dietrich Bonhoeffer. He was a German pastor who spoke out against the Nazis.
- Many in the U.S. don’t know the history of Israel.
- He showed a cartoon version of Israeli history.
- Rabbi Joseph Potasnik, NY Board of Rabbi
- Pastor John Hagee, Christians United for Israel, Author “In Defense of Israel” (http://www.amazon.com/Defense-Israel-Revised-John-Hagee/dp/1599792109/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303670003&sr=1-1 )
- Dore Gold, Former Israeli Ambassador to the UN
(Comments have been arranged by guest rather than by sequence in the program.)
- The UN was making a charge against Israel saying that they were practicing genocide against the Palestinians. The author who wrote that report (Justice Goldstone) has reversed himself.
- There is the religion that is bent on erasing all other religions in Jerusalem. That must not happen.
- May 15th is Israeli Independence Day.
- Several things are happening around then…
- The second flotilla
- A Facebook page announcing the Third Palestinian Intifada…
“Judgment day will be brought upon us only once the Muslims have killed all of the Jews…”
· Glenn recommends Pastor Hagee’s book “In Defense of Israel”.
· Glenn said that today, in some circles, he is known as a Jew-loving anti-Semite.
- Problems for Israel are coming mostly from Europe. Through the UN, they want land handed back.
- Revolutions throughout the Middle East are being talked about as being pro-democracy. But the days of most unrest are Fridays, the Muslim day of prayer. And the mosques are influenced by the Muslim Brotherhood.
- The Muslim Brotherhood was hardly noticed when Mubarak in Egypt was thrown out. Now, they are the major force behind change in Egypt.
- They are insisting that the future government of Egypt cancel the peace treaty with Israel.
- Justice Goldstone came up with a blood libel report against Israel.
- In Operation Cast Lead, the Israeli Army telephoned people in Gaza to give them warning that if they had weapons in their house they should leave because their house is a military target. That is not the action of an army who was out to kill civilians would take.
- Kudos to Justice Goldstone for rescinding his report.
- Iran definitely has their hand in the orchestration of Middle Eastern states against Israel.
- The Muslim Brotherhood has created very close ties with the Iranians, even though the Muslim Brotherhood is Sunni and Iran is Shia.
- Israel and the US are strong countries. The moral weakness is coming out of Europe.
- We should not allow a European action to force Israel to give up defensible positions that allow it to defend itself.
- Today the US and Israel are close allies.
- A US official said Israel provides intelligence to the US, which is equivalent to five CIAs.
- Israel has never asked the US to risk the lives of its soldiers to defend it.
- There are three dates of significance…
- April – The Quartet wants Israel to withdraw to the 1967 lines. This would leave the major religious sites in Jerusalem in the hands of Hamas.
- May – Another Turkish flotilla.
- September – A unilateral declaration of statehood by the Palestinians.
- Only a free Israel will protect Jerusalem for all faiths.
- When you bring in a member of Hamas to give testimony, at some point you will be embarrassed. (Referring to Justice Goldstone’s report.)
- Of course, the reversals are not remembered.
- Papers put reversals in a different location than the original charges.
- Also, Goldstone II did not receive as much publicity as Goldstone I.
- Golda Meir once said that by the time you (the US) get here to protect us, we won’t be here.
- Look at the Southern border of Lebanon. The UN put troops there to keep rearmament from happening. Now, there are more rockets and missiles there than ever before.
- God forbid you rely on someone else to protect you.
- Americans are taking the word of Hamas against Israel because they do not recognize Israel’s relation to history or to the word of God.
- America should stand by Israel because Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.
- Israel votes with the US in the UN more than any other nation.
- He believes Iran is orchestrating this alignment against Israel.
- What Israel could use from America is a President to come out and firmly say Israel should have…
- A right to exist.
- Defensible borders.
- A right to defend themselves.
- If we allow the UN to dictate to Israel about a new Palestinian State, what makes us think that they will not try to dictate to us?
- He then described an upcoming lobbying campaign from the Friends of Israel.
There was a discussion about the good works done by Israel (e.g., first to contribute aid to Japan after the earthquake) that is not well known.
A few questions were taken from the audience.