While people in AZ are still grieving from Saturday’s shooting, others are using this event to push an agenda. And, it is getting worse. The truth will set you free because the truth has no agenda.
He then played part of a video clip of the shooter’s friend being interviewed saying that the shooter was not on the Left, not on the Right, he didn’t watch the news and did not listen to political radio.
On Day 1, the story was about the shooter and the victims.
On Day 2, the story was about the media and politicians and how they were using this to advance their agendas.
On Day 3, the story will be about you.
On Monday, Glenn issued a challenge to politicians and the media to sign a pledge denouncing violence. They have contacted all 100 senators and all 435 House members. Only 14 have agreed to sign. Glenn wanted to make sure you knew and understood how these politicians reacted to a non-violent pledge.
He then showed an entry on the Media Matters web site, “Glenn Beck’s Anti-violence Pledge A Transparent Trap for Democrats.” Glenn’s pledge is as follows:
I challenge all Americans, left or right, regardless if you’re a politician, pundit, painter, priest, parishioner, poet or porn star to agree with all of the following.
- I denounce violence, regardless of ideological motivation.
- I denounce anyone, from the Left, the Right or middle, who believes physical violence is the answer to whatever they feel is wrong with our country.
- I denounce those who wish to tear down our system and rebuild it in their own image, whatever that image may be.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle, who call for riots and violence as an opportunity to bring down and reconstruct our system.
- I denounce violent threats and calls for the destruction of our system – regardless of their underlying ideology – whether they come from the Hutaree Militia or Frances Fox Piven.
- I hold those responsible for the violence, responsible for the violence. I denounce those who attempt to blame political opponents for the acts of madmen.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle that sees violence as a viable alternative to our long established system of change made within the constraints of our constitutional Republic.
Most members of Congress say the need more time, they are still looking at it. Glenn said he had no problem with that because he wouldn’t want them to sign something they had not read. He then walked over to piles of paper representing the Health Care Bill, the Tarp Bill, the Financial Regulatory Bill and pointed out that they had no problem signing bills more than 2,000 pages without reading.
The other reason given was “the trap”. They perhaps had a problem with the two names mentioned in the Pledge.
- The Hutaree Malitia
- The name means Christain warrior.
- Founded in 2008.
- The DOJ considers them a radical, extremist group.
- Their enemies are government and law enforcement.
- Their tactics include…
i. Ambushes of police
ii. Attacking their funeral processions with weapons of mass destruction.
- Glenn asks facisionsly, “Who can go out on a limb and condem them?”
- Francis Fox_Piven
- She is 78 years old.
- She has had a history of 50 years of advocating the violent overthrow of our government.
- Piven has called for riots as long ago as three weeks.
Glenn then imagined the staffs of these politicians as they weighed the reactions of focus groups, contributors, supporters, etc., as they try to decide.
He then listed several problems on the blackboard and listed the major players – Republicans, Democrats, You and whether they were F-for or A-against.
Problem Repub Dem You
- Spending/Deficit A A A
- Terror A A A
- Social Security Going Broke A A A
- Oil/Gas Price Increase A A A
Even with all that agreement, these problems have not been solved. Why? It seems that Washington is the problem. The real solution is you, the people. He referred to his e4 list and focused on Entrepreneurship of the people as being the traditional way things got done in America.
Glenn then said that politicians use problems for political gain.
He then showd the phrase on the screen “The truth has no agenda”. He said that he felt that Americans understood that, but politicians did not.
He discussed briefly how you can use his e4 model to affect a solution…
Tomorrow’s show – Edward Bernaise.