There was a studio audience today made up of small business owners.
Glenn said that there are major economic problems coming. Despite all the government actions, we have not fixed anything.
Taxes are going up for those making more than $250,000. Many of those are small businessmen. Small businesses comprise 80% of all jobs in America.
Bush tax cuts will expire at the end of the year. This will lead to the largest tax increase in American history.
Business owners pay everyone else first before they get paid.
Today there are too many restrictions. One study concluded that Microsoft could not be started in today’s regulatory environment.
We can’t get the best and brightest to stay here. They leave.
America is about pursuing your dream. Glenn noted he is living his dream.
Money is the byproduct of a successful business.
Most people go into business to prove themselves or to follow their dreams.
To get America successful again, we have to foster the entrepreneurial spirit again.
Glenn asked the audience members how they got into their businesses.
- One lady got into hypo allergic products because of her son’s allergies.
- One man came from Iran. He created a financial services company.
- Two brothers started a flooring company.
- Another lady had a waste hauling business.
- Another man escaped from Communism in Poland and came to live the American dream. He is in real estate sales and today his dream is turning into a nightmare with all the new rules and regulations.
- Another couple started a recording company.
Glenn recommended a book, “Winners Never Cheat” by John Huntsman. http://www.amazon.com/Winners-Never-Cheat-Difficult-Expanded/dp/0137009038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288461090&sr=1-1