e4 – Shorthand for a new direction for the program next year.
Things people are saying that are not true…
- Things are bad.
- I want to be rich.
- Capitalists are greedy.
Tonight he will prove that the above is not true.
He discussed a few poems he used at a prior public presentation.
He introduced a friend Jon Huntsman, CEO of Huntsman Corp., and a self-made billionaire.
- Jon struggled early on.
- Work effort got him a scholarship.
- He has 9 children.
- One child was kidnapped.
- He has rescued his company several times over the years.
- He has given away $1.2 billion over the last 10 years.
- He established the Huntsman Cancer Institute in order to cure cancer.
- He has had cancer three times.
- He authored the book “Winners Never Cheat”.
- He met Glenn 4 years ago.
- He feels the biggest single problem in the country today is greed and the accumulation of wealth for accumulation’s sake.
- He was the first to come up with the idea of selling records over TV in the late 1960’s.
- He used the money he made selling records to found his plastic business.
- He advocates doing business ethically.
- He mentors Glenn.
- Glenn had him relate his child’s kidnapping ordeal.
- Glenn gave him a check for $100,000 for his cancer foundation.