Rally to Counter Glenn’s “Restoring Honor” Rally
- To be held on the national Mall on 10/2/2010.
- Sponsored by over 300 organizations, including the Communist Party USA and dozens of socialist organizations. (See http://www.onenationworkingtogether.org/partners for a list)
- Communist Party write-up about the rally is here http://www.yclusa.org/article/articleview/1903/1/6/
- Glenn notes that many of these organizations have been working for the destruction of America for decades.
- Glenn suggests tuning in and listening to what these organizations will be saying at the event and decide if you agree with their messages.
- Again he recommends that people do their own research and not just take his word for things.
- He noted that for his “Restoring Honor” rally there were lots of questions about funding, who was involved, etc. Strangely, no real interest is being shown for the 10.2 rally. This is especially noteworthy since many of the supporting groups have a long history of anti-Americanism.
Is President Obama a Socialist?
Glenn asks if the President is a socialist. He cites some evidence…
- His words (from several clips where he discusses redistributive change)
- His associates at the White House all seem to be anti-free market Marxists.
- His voting record as scored by the National Journal publication. In 2007 as a senator he was scored as the left-most senator, even more to the left than self admitted socialist Bernie Sanders.
- His governing style.
- Glenn called for the President to denounce communism/Marxism/radicals.
- He showed a booklet sent in by a viewer dated 1981. It was a publication of the Communist Party and showed a picture of the “Yes We Can” slogan.
The Coming Insurrection
Glen recommended the small paperback book, “The Coming Insurrection” by the Invisible Committee. - http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Insurrection-Semiotext-Intervention/dp/1584350806
Lack of Creator
- The President has twice recently quoted a portion of the Declaration of Independence…
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”
Except that he left out the words “…by their Creator…”.
- The words in the Declaration were carefully selected. These words in particular are important because they state that Rights do not come from man, but from God. As such, they cannot be abridged. If you remove the Creator from the concept, then Rights are not sacrosanct.
An attack campaign ad from Congressman Alan Grayson (D-FL) was shown. The video shows his Republican opponent quoting scripture. They then declared that the Republican was equivalent of an evangelical taliban. Then Glenn showed the full video of the Republican candidate explicitly stating to NOT choose the passages that Grayson’s ad found so offensive.